Ad1
Saturday, 16 February 2013
Friday, 15 February 2013
How Goldie Died
CEO of Kennis Music, the label Goldie was signed on, Kenny Ogungbe
has issued a statement detailing the final hours of the late singer.
“With a deep sense of loss, we announce the shocking death of our darling music star, Goldie Harvey. Goldie, 31, died on Thursday after she complained of a severe headache shortly after her arrival from the United States where she went to witness the Grammy Award. She was rushed from her Park View, Ikoyi, Lagos residence to her official hospital, Reddington, Victoria Island, Lagos, where doctors pronounced her dead on arrival at exactly 7:30pm in the evening.
“With a deep sense of loss, we announce the shocking death of our darling music star, Goldie Harvey. Goldie, 31, died on Thursday after she complained of a severe headache shortly after her arrival from the United States where she went to witness the Grammy Award. She was rushed from her Park View, Ikoyi, Lagos residence to her official hospital, Reddington, Victoria Island, Lagos, where doctors pronounced her dead on arrival at exactly 7:30pm in the evening.

Thursday, 14 February 2013
PHCN To Import Prepaid Meters
The Federal Government has directed the Power Holding Company of
Nigeria, (PHCN), to import commercial number of new pre-payment meters
for distribution to consumers nationwide.
The importation of the meters is aimed at ending the exploitation of consumers through estimation of their bills as a result of lack of meters.
The importation which is also based on the nation’s inability to produce the facility locally is to be carried out through local and foreign vendors.
The Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, Dr. Sam Amadi who confirmed the development in a telephone interview said: “It is not the duty of NERC to import the meters. It is the direct responsibility of electricity distribution companies, DISCOs to do so.
The importation of the meters is aimed at ending the exploitation of consumers through estimation of their bills as a result of lack of meters.
The importation which is also based on the nation’s inability to produce the facility locally is to be carried out through local and foreign vendors.
The Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, Dr. Sam Amadi who confirmed the development in a telephone interview said: “It is not the duty of NERC to import the meters. It is the direct responsibility of electricity distribution companies, DISCOs to do so.
Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery
LAGOS State Government has sacked 35 of its civil servants, including
senior executive officers, for securing employment into the State Civil
Service with forged certificates, even as the appointments of 13 others
were terminated for absenteeism.
Other offences of the sacked workers included misappropriation of funds, diversion of government money for personal use, defrauding the public, loss of government’s vehicles and absence from duty without permission.
It will be recalled that last year, the state government dismissed 174 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, for corruption, overzealousness and others.
Other offences of the sacked workers included misappropriation of funds, diversion of government money for personal use, defrauding the public, loss of government’s vehicles and absence from duty without permission.
It will be recalled that last year, the state government dismissed 174 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, for corruption, overzealousness and others.
45,000 Ghost-Workers Uncovered & N100bn Saved
The Federal Government has so far uncovered 45,000 ghost workers in its bid to eliminate waste in its expenditure.
Minister of State, Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, said this on Wednesday while briefing journalists on the outcome of the weekly Federal Executive Council presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.
He briefed State House correspondents alongside the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru.
Ngama and Ashiru had earlier briefed the FEC of their ministries’ achievements and challenges in 2012.
Minister of State, Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, said this on Wednesday while briefing journalists on the outcome of the weekly Federal Executive Council presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan.
He briefed State House correspondents alongside the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru.
Ngama and Ashiru had earlier briefed the FEC of their ministries’ achievements and challenges in 2012.
Fake pastors allegedly swindle victim of N6m
Operatives attached to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad,
Adeniji Adele, Lagos, have arrested two men who allegedly have been
masquerading as seers and deliverance ministers to defraud unsuspecting
members of the public.
The suspects identified as Sunday Omogbehin and Olawale Adeniyi , allegedly swindled one of their victims to the tune of N6 million, which they claimed would be used to conduct deliverance on him.
The suspects, as gathered, held a prayer session with their victim, one Ojomo in Aguda area of Lagos, last year, in the course of which they attributed his inability to travel out of the country to some spiritual constraints. They, thereafter, reportedly demanded the sum which they claimed would be used to offer prayers that would cleanse his (victim) mouth odour.
The suspects identified as Sunday Omogbehin and Olawale Adeniyi , allegedly swindled one of their victims to the tune of N6 million, which they claimed would be used to conduct deliverance on him.
The suspects, as gathered, held a prayer session with their victim, one Ojomo in Aguda area of Lagos, last year, in the course of which they attributed his inability to travel out of the country to some spiritual constraints. They, thereafter, reportedly demanded the sum which they claimed would be used to offer prayers that would cleanse his (victim) mouth odour.
Robbers Attack Bank, Killed One Person
Tragedy struck in Ode-Omu, Osun State, Tuesday, evening when a gang
of robbers invaded the community, attacked a first generation bank and
the police post, killing one person in the process while several others
were wounded.
According to sources, the armed robbers numbering about nine, who came in three vehicles, on arrival at the town attacked the police post located on the outskirts of the community before proceeding to the bank.
It was further gathered that two members of the gang on arrival at the bank went inside the banking hall while the rest strategically positioned themselves around the bank.
According to sources, the armed robbers numbering about nine, who came in three vehicles, on arrival at the town attacked the police post located on the outskirts of the community before proceeding to the bank.
It was further gathered that two members of the gang on arrival at the bank went inside the banking hall while the rest strategically positioned themselves around the bank.
Four Nigerian students generate electricity from urine
The whole fun of living is trying to make something better – Charles Kettering, American inventor and social philosopher.
Nothing is really a waste in the real sense of the word. Almost anything one can think of is reusable. Everything has some value one way or the other. This was what four teenage secondary school girls in Lagos set out to prove.
Disturbed by the incessant deaths of Nigerians, most of the time, an entire family, from carbon monoxide poisoning from fossil-fuel generator, the yo-yo movement of petroleum products prices, environmental degradation and the recent fuel subsidy scam, four Senior Secondary School II students of Doregos Private Academy, Ipaja, Lagos, decided to find solution to the problem.The girls – Duro-Aina Adebola, Bello Eniola, Akindele Abiola and Faleke Oluwatoyin, shed some some light on the project and what they hope to achieve. Excerpts:
An idea is born:
Said Duro-Aina Adebola, leader of the group; “I read on the internet that a family of five died of carbon monoxide poisoning so I asked myself what could be done to reduce these incessant deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning?
Nothing is really a waste in the real sense of the word. Almost anything one can think of is reusable. Everything has some value one way or the other. This was what four teenage secondary school girls in Lagos set out to prove.
Disturbed by the incessant deaths of Nigerians, most of the time, an entire family, from carbon monoxide poisoning from fossil-fuel generator, the yo-yo movement of petroleum products prices, environmental degradation and the recent fuel subsidy scam, four Senior Secondary School II students of Doregos Private Academy, Ipaja, Lagos, decided to find solution to the problem.The girls – Duro-Aina Adebola, Bello Eniola, Akindele Abiola and Faleke Oluwatoyin, shed some some light on the project and what they hope to achieve. Excerpts:
An idea is born:
Said Duro-Aina Adebola, leader of the group; “I read on the internet that a family of five died of carbon monoxide poisoning so I asked myself what could be done to reduce these incessant deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning?
Nigerian Journalists Brutalised By South African Policemen
S.A Police brutalise Nigerian journalists
Two Nigerian journalists were harassed, brutalised and detained for lack of good reasons by South African police in Johannesburg on Tuesday afternoon.
South Africa Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Debo Oshundun and Deputy Editor of the Sun Newspapers, John Joshua-Akanji were cornered by policemen when they were on their way to cover the departure of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations champions the Super Eagles, at the OR Tambo Airport, South Africa.
Joshua-Akanji told Goal.com about his ordeal at the hands of the South Africa Policemen.
“I thank God we are still alive because we could have been shot. I have never been in that situation in my life. I was dragged on the floor kicked and brutalised. I and John Joshua-Akanji were disposed of our phones, my keys and we couldn’t contact anybody. We were detained for two hours and I was really traumatised for the time the police dealt with us and still imagining it up till now”, the Weekend Editor of the Soccer Star disclosed.
Joshua-Akanji had to miss his South African Airways flight due to this unfortunate incident.
“I am perplexed and short of words to describe the way I felt during and after our ordeal in the hands of the policemen here. I have not experienced this in my whole life.
Two Nigerian journalists were harassed, brutalised and detained for lack of good reasons by South African police in Johannesburg on Tuesday afternoon.
South Africa Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Debo Oshundun and Deputy Editor of the Sun Newspapers, John Joshua-Akanji were cornered by policemen when they were on their way to cover the departure of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations champions the Super Eagles, at the OR Tambo Airport, South Africa.
Joshua-Akanji told Goal.com about his ordeal at the hands of the South Africa Policemen.
“I thank God we are still alive because we could have been shot. I have never been in that situation in my life. I was dragged on the floor kicked and brutalised. I and John Joshua-Akanji were disposed of our phones, my keys and we couldn’t contact anybody. We were detained for two hours and I was really traumatised for the time the police dealt with us and still imagining it up till now”, the Weekend Editor of the Soccer Star disclosed.
Joshua-Akanji had to miss his South African Airways flight due to this unfortunate incident.
“I am perplexed and short of words to describe the way I felt during and after our ordeal in the hands of the policemen here. I have not experienced this in my whole life.
Wednesday, 13 February 2013
Cowbell flags off 2013 Mathematics Competition
Promasidor Nigeria Limited, makers of Cowbell milk, has flagged off
the 2013 edition of the Cowbell National Secondary Schools Mathematics
Competition (NASSMAC).
Currently in its 13th edition, NASSMAC is a competition aimed at awakening the consciousness and interest of secondary school students in mathematics.
Calling for entries for the competition, the Managing Director/CEO, Promasidor Nigeria, Chief Keith Richards, said Promasidor will continue to nourish the dreams of millions of young Nigerians as well as continue to inspire brilliancy in schools.
Currently in its 13th edition, NASSMAC is a competition aimed at awakening the consciousness and interest of secondary school students in mathematics.
Calling for entries for the competition, the Managing Director/CEO, Promasidor Nigeria, Chief Keith Richards, said Promasidor will continue to nourish the dreams of millions of young Nigerians as well as continue to inspire brilliancy in schools.
NURTW member imprison for 5 months for theft
An Abuja Upper Area Court on Wednesday sentenced Kabiru Audu, 22, of
National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, Jabi motor park,
Abuja, to five months imprisonment for theft.
He, was, however, given an option to pay N3,000 as fine.
The Police Prosecutor, Mr Simon Ibrahim, had told the court that Habibu Ibrahim of C.B.N quarters, Utako, Abuja, reported the matter to the Utako police station on February 8.
He said that the accused criminally went into the complainant’s house without his consent and stole his Nokia cell phone valued at N14,000.
Ibrahim said the accused was caught by a passerby. According to him, the offence contravened Section 288 of the Penal Code.
“During police investigations, Audu admitted that he committed the crime.
The Presiding Judge, Mr Ahmed Ado, sentenced him to five months imprisonment or to pay N3,000 fine. (NAN)
He, was, however, given an option to pay N3,000 as fine.
The Police Prosecutor, Mr Simon Ibrahim, had told the court that Habibu Ibrahim of C.B.N quarters, Utako, Abuja, reported the matter to the Utako police station on February 8.
He said that the accused criminally went into the complainant’s house without his consent and stole his Nokia cell phone valued at N14,000.
Ibrahim said the accused was caught by a passerby. According to him, the offence contravened Section 288 of the Penal Code.
“During police investigations, Audu admitted that he committed the crime.
The Presiding Judge, Mr Ahmed Ado, sentenced him to five months imprisonment or to pay N3,000 fine. (NAN)
Tuesday, 12 February 2013
Psquare – Magical Healing
Apparently this song leaked online some minutes
ago.. From how it sounds its not yet mixed, so we bringing to you an
unmixed leak versin of probably psqare’s next project..
Download, enjoy and share your thoughts
click the link below to download it
http://gidimp3.net/downloadpage/Magical-Healing.php
Download, enjoy and share your thoughts
click the link below to download it
http://gidimp3.net/downloadpage/Magical-Healing.php
Picture Of Mercy Johnson & Her Daughter, Purity
*From Linda Ikeji blog
Purity is about six weeks old now.
Mercy will be returning home before the end of the month...
Purity is about six weeks old now.
Mercy will be returning home before the end of the month...
D'banj with Super Eagles players after the AFCON win


Wema Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2013
Openings for fresh graduates with at least 2.2. Send CVs to:
hcm@wemabank.com
hcm@wemabank.com
Monday, 11 February 2013
2 passengers with firearms arrested at Lagos airport
FEDERAL Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN, security officials, have
arrested two passengers with firearms at both wings of the Murtala
Mohammed Airport, Lagos.
Disclosing this development to newsmen yesterday, General Manager Corporate Communications of FAAN, Mr. Yakubu Dati, said both passengers were arrested at separate intervals upon arrival at the airport.
He said the firearms were found in their luggage, explaining that one of the passengers was arrested with a pistol in his luggage at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos on Wednesday while the other passenger was apprehended on his way from Lagos to Port-Harcourt aboard Aero Contractors flight at the Domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport, MMA2, Lagos on Thursday.
Disclosing this development to newsmen yesterday, General Manager Corporate Communications of FAAN, Mr. Yakubu Dati, said both passengers were arrested at separate intervals upon arrival at the airport.
He said the firearms were found in their luggage, explaining that one of the passengers was arrested with a pistol in his luggage at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos on Wednesday while the other passenger was apprehended on his way from Lagos to Port-Harcourt aboard Aero Contractors flight at the Domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport, MMA2, Lagos on Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)